[Mplayer-dev-eng] release 0.18...

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Sat May 5 20:24:12 CEST 2001

Hello!

On Sat, 5 May 2001 16:04:42 +0200 (CEST), Arpi wrote:

>> (if it's truth that mplayer runs several processes on separate cpus)
>not true. it runs in only one process/thread now.

Then I dont know! If mplayer consist from one process without threads which can be run
on other cpus - there must be no difference between uni- and multi- processor systems.
In this case problem is not in mplayer but outside.
But I think you are wrong.
Please look at line # 61 of codecctrl.c:
      if((child_pid=fork())==0){
IMHO fork creates process which can be run on any cpu by kernel opinion.
and it placed in mpeg_codec_controller :(
But seems that this function never called. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Best regards! Nick