[Mplayer-dev-eng] release 0.18...

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Fri May 4 21:20:14 CEST 2001

Hello!

>We should release 0.18 soon...

May be 0.98 instead? ;)

>Requirements:
>- all known bugs fixed - see Known Bugs second update on mplayer-users
>  1. l3codeca - solved (kernel patch problems, not mplayer bug)
>  2. fastmemcpy SIGILL problems - SSe disabled but there are still probs
IMHO, they are in kernel only ;)

>  3. MMX YV12->RGB 16bpp on SMP P3 - bug should be fixed
Probably bug in kernel, since if code works on uniprocessor machines therefore
it's workable. IMHO, mplayer does not contain SMP specific features.
In this case you are able only find out way to avoid problem (suggestions and so on).

Also (from DOCS/BUGS):
#After many > or ^ (fast forward) audio vs. video is going out of sync (ASF/AVI)
#- bug in mplayer code (a-v sync probs after seek... not really bug but
#  my avi/asf seeking code is not perfect yet)

This problem exists on DivX files too (imho AVI != DivX )

Also, I had publish announce on linux.org.ru about releasing 0.17. There are a lot of commentaries
but one seems me as very strange:
Man wrote that after installing of mplayer it shows turned upside-down pictures (turned on 180
relatively Z-axis). Imho it may be interesting for you.

Best regards! Nick