[Mplayer-dev-eng] Matrox dualhead and syncfb.

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 1 19:40:07 CEST 2001

On Dienstag,  1. Mai 2001 15:54 you wrote:
> On Dienstag,  1. Mai 2001 13:45 you wrote:
> > >
> > > Think an -aspect x:y option that changes image size before vo plugins
> > > would be a much cleaner solution (would only have to modify d_height
> > > and d_width).
> >
> > 	The only problem is that I think that this aspect resizing should
> > be vo-pluing dependant, that is, it should be enable only on plugins that
> > could do it fast. And you need someway to get the screen dimensions in
> > order to do the right thing while resizing. Although I suppose we can
> > assume a 4:3 aspect ratio of the screen, and let people decide if the
> > plugin is fast enough for them.
>
> It's left to the plugin to decide wether it uses d_width and d_height or
> only uses height and width values! You should take look at the libvo API.
> -aspect only needs to set -x and -y values (passed to vo plugin as d_width
> and d_height) and the rest is done by the plugin.

I've now added needed code to mplayer.c, but I won't commit until Arpi tells
me, or I might have to drink 10l Cola =)
I've attached modified mplayer.c and cfg-mplayer.h (replacements for current
cvs ver), so you can test it, ie. use -aspect 1.85 for Anamorphic dvd in
1.85:1 format, or 4:3 or 16:9 or whatever (note most dvds say 16:9 widescreen
and at the same time 1:1.85 where in fact it should be named 1.85:1 cause
image is wider then high (leaving away 1: and only typing -aspect 1,85 (same
as 1.85) will asume you mean 1.85:1).

--
Best Regards,
   Felix