[Mplayer-dev-eng] Playing file currently being written, circular files?

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Sat Jun 30 14:32:25 CEST 2001

Hi,

I've been experimenting with things like:

  mp1e ..... >file.mpg & sleep 10; mplayer .... file.mpg

Which does a non-bad-start at a "pausable live tv" function.

I want to create a patch for mplayer to tweak up behaviour when playing
back a "still being written" file.

I've also been thinking about creating a "circular file" approach.  I'd be
interested in advice or comments on approaches to this...

Thanks,
Steve

PS: Still owe you a spruced up aspect patch.