[Mplayer-dev-eng] PATCH of new stuff of mp3lib was applied to CVS

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Sat Jun 30 00:08:10 CEST 2001

Hello!

I have done it.
I've applied new stuff to CVS repository.
It speeds decodeing at least on 13% already now but I've found that in new decode exist
possibility to speedup it more (Not only 3dnow and SSE optimization)!
I've tested these changes - they works on my K7 in all modes - MMX_ONLY, 3DNOW, 3DNOWEX.
I've not found any differences in sound quality between old and new stuffs (of course, from my SB16 point)
If someone will find out any bugs or errors or something other - simply write me.
Unfortunately I will be outside my city at this weekend (weekend in my country is finished by sunday;), so it's
possible to ask Arpi for unrolling my changes back - he can do it.
But I suggest to all pay an attention to new stuff and don't refuse it urgently.
This way opens us new horizonts of speed.

And last: my version of decoder is differ from original (at www.mpg123.org). I've added some things that
improve perfomance of decoding with using 3dnow! extensions and in the future - SSE.
Thus now mplayer but not mpg123 has top fast mp3 decoder ;)

Best regards! Nick