[Mplayer-dev-eng] DVD player????

Balazs Tibor tibcu at sch.bme.hu
Wed Jun 27 18:52:25 CEST 2001

yet another info from http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
"Software decoders need at least a 350 MHz Pentium II and a DVD-ROM drive
with bus mastering DMA to play without dropped frames. Anything slower
than a 400 MHz Pentium III will benefit quite a bit from hardware decode
acceleration in the graphics card. An AGP graphics card (rather than PCI)
also improves the performance of software decoders."

If I remember well, mplayer's needs are lower. Am I right?

Since I don't have a DVD-ROM nor a PII, I can't test it :-)

Tibcu