[Mplayer-dev-eng] S/PDIF passthrough

Lutz Vieweg lkv at isg.de
Mon Jun 25 01:03:59 CEST 2001

Hi,

I adapted the old S/PDIF passthrough patch by German for the current
snapshot. Alas, soon after that I found out my work was somewhat futile
as the passthrough-feature of the current emu10k1 driver doesn't
work for the SoundBlaster 5.1 that I have. Seems the "AC3pass" DSP
program is not compatible with that model, yet - even the minimal
ac3-player the author of the DSP program provides didn't run.

I'll write him and see if things may get fixed, if so, I'll retry
the mplayer integration and let you know about it.

Regards,

Peter Niemayer