[Mplayer-dev-eng] RELEASE SHOULD BE DELAYED!!!

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jun 23 23:45:04 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I'm sorry! But release should be delayed.
> What are reasons:
> I just tried to watch MPEG4-DivX movie:
>   - SDL movements key don't work.
Atmos should check this.

Do you use fullscreen or window?

>   - smoothness is not perfect
with frame dropping?

>   - total A-V resync.
heh

> Arpi! When you solved A-V resync problem for the first time -  mplayer worked perfectly. But now I lose frames
> when watch movies. What occurs with mplayer speed?
NOTHING!

At least at my side. What -vo driver do you use? SDL?

Show me -benchmark results for both mplayer versions with this file!

> Latest snapshoot of mplayer give me A-V resync within first 10 min of movie. (Shanpshot at 20 jun
> works finely without A-V resync but loses about 20% of frames). Does mplayer go back to mplayer-0.17a
> days?
If it loses 20% frames, it must de-sync without -framedrop!

> Sorry but I have no possibility to watch movies an every single day but if you release mplayer in this
> state it will be BugCounter in the future instead of past.
>
> Best regards! Nick
>
> P.S.: There were some patched from Solaris galaxy - are they perfect for Linux one?
They didn't touch our code, only sun audio driver, dvd and some ./configure
stuff.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu