[Mplayer-dev-eng] MP3LIB: new stuff

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Sat Jun 23 21:28:48 CEST 2001

Hello, all!

I've done applying of MMX optimized decore to mp3lib (PLEASE SEE ATTACH, NOT CVS).
There are big changes:
1. I move out all constructions like #ifdef HAVE_3DNOW and so on.
Now all version of decoders are present in mp3lib and MP3_Init chooses them
automatically. (It's even faster because old synth_1to1 code contained too many
unnecessary if else constructions)
2. Probably I have found and fixed error in SSE stuff! (Arpi, Felix please your attention)
Bug was in tabinit when SSE decoder uses modified 3dnow stuff but right initialization
was limited only by detecting AMD cpu.
3. I've found that MMX decoder is faster for K7 (probably it will faster and for P3)
Please test it - and maybe it would be better to move out decode_k7 and decode_sse!
4. It would be better to test this new stuff by all developers who has different cpus:
(K6, Pent-MMX, k6-2, (k7 - tested), P3). After that it can be applyed to mplayer.

Waiting for testing and reports!

Best regards! Nick