[Mplayer-dev-eng] asf streaming playback from a mms server

Balazs Tibor tibcu at sch.bme.hu
Fri Jun 22 19:25:28 CEST 2001

Thank you Jason! It really works!!!

after making the symlink to /proc/self/fd/1, I could
asfrecorder http://myserver/myasf.asf |/tmp/mplayer -vo null -

since you can't quit asfrecorder with ctrl-c, you have to kill it

mplayer said Cannot seek backward in linear streams! but actually I wasn't
able to seek forward too. Maybe it depends on the streaming server too.