[Mplayer-dev-eng] release today?

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Fri Jun 22 12:39:05 CEST 2001

Hi, Balazs Tibor!

On 2001-06-21 18:09:42 you wrote:

>Nick, please have a look at mp3lib!
>I read the comments at the beginning of the files, but decode_i586.s
>doesn't contain MMX, while the others (decode_sse.s, decode_k7.s and
>decode_3dnow.s) do:
>/ - use {MMX,3DNow!} instruction for reduce cpu
>
>So I think, decode_i586.s doesn't contain any MMX code. Am I right?
YES!

>And I am not sure, if the others do. (A'rpi told me, MMX is useless for
>mp3)
>but if they really contain mmx code, would it be possible, to use them in
>decode_i586.s too?

mpg123-0.59-cvs contains implementation of decode_mmx.s (IT'S DISTRIBUTED
UNDER GPL) and I'm going to add it to mplayer but after realesing 0.18.
(If it will not distort audio stream)

>mplayer sais:
>mp3lib: Processor ID: 543
>mp3lib: i586 processor detected.
>
>and it plays so slow movies' sound :-) (14%)
Checking for existance of MMX unit is very easy thing so P1-MMX users still have
a little chance.

Best regards! Nick (2001-06-22 10:34:21)