[Mplayer-dev-eng] problems

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jun 18 19:15:43 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Hi ALL!
>
> Why has got -vo gl problems with MMX? (or is vo_gl not any longer supported?)
> Cannot init MMX colorspace transform
> No accelerated colorspace conversion found

this is not problem. it's a missing feature.
i mean: no one optimized the 24bpp version of YUV->RGB converter (it's used
by vo_gl).

> another problem:
> in video_out.c (line 142) :
>         case IMGFMT_cyuv: return("Packed CYUV");
>                     ^^^^ why is it lowercase? (is it a bug, or it doesn't
> really matters?
dunno

> ----
>
> yet another:
> manpage says:
>        -noframedrop
>               no  frame  dropping  : every frame is played, audio
>               may skip (default)
> I think, it should be: audio and video may be out of sync
yes. it has changed with new audio code.

> ----
>
> still another:
> in fastmemcpy.h (line 8) :
> /*    || defined(HAVE_SSE) || defined(HAVE_SSE2) */
> ^^                                              ^^
> why is this row commented out? line 14 says:
> #endif /* HAVE_MMX/MMX2/3DNOW/SSE/SSE2 */
> so maybe line 8 is needed
dunno. it changed a lot, i think it's ok this way. but Nick will
hopefully check.

> ----
>
> not problem, but a question:
> what is ggi good for? (I know, it's for development only as log says)
it's like SDL

> I've almost forgotten:
> -ss doesn't work perfect (at least for me)
> it begins playing a little bit later, then it should be
> (the higher the number after -ss is, the more the gap between the given
> number and the actual position is)
> MPlayer 0.17cvs-010614-15:20
> CommandLine: '-vo' 'gl' '-display' 'sgi4:0.0' '-nosound' '/mnt/1/movies/mmm/thot/esp-team.scene.hu/%7E/incoming/bakta_rider_ii.mpg' '-fs' '-ss' '10:00' '-v'
> Start playing...
> A: ---   V: 670.6   ==> Found audio stream: 0
>             ^^^^^ it should be 600, shouldn't it?
it can't position to exact frame position.
reason for mpeg/asf: there is no frame/time indexing, it uses average kbps
value (so +- 10% is ok...)
reason for avi (divx): keyframes are 10-20 sec distance, so it will find
the next keyframe (so + 0-30s).

this should go to FAQ!!!

> ----
>
> (when I compiled the above version of mplayer, the log contained
> ./version.sh twice, in the first row, and after make depend finished)
yes. dependency is a big hack now... (still :))

> A'rpi, your version.sh isn't always accurate (mine is). (every case, when
> main/CVS hasn't changed, but some of the subdirectories of main, it gives
> old values)
i know. but can you fix it?

> ----
>
> and finally!!! :)
> -srate rocks! :-) (if only my soundcard would support 192 kKz sampling :-) )
> but with files with lower samplerate audios, it is really cool!!!
I know :)
Just watch a brithney spears clip at 120khz :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu