[Mplayer-dev-eng] problem in sse audio code

Taco Witte tcwitte at wish.net
Sun Jun 17 18:29:28 CEST 2001

Hello all!
With the latest snapshot, I encountered the problem that with
simple './configure' my sound wouldn't work (Illegal instruction).
With -nosound, the rest worked. When I disabled sse with
/configure, it worked. I'm using the oss driver. Gdb brings me
the following information about the Illegal instruction:
downmix_3f_2r_to_2ch ()    (in libac3/downmix/downmix_kni.S)
0x80707a1
I have no assembler knowledge, but there seems to be something
wrong with this function.
With -Wall, there were also some 'uninitialized' things.
Little bit offtopic: Is it an idea to use -aid 128 by default, if that
channel is available?
With regards,
Taco Witte