[Mplayer-dev-eng] A few more fixes for today's CVS version

Bertrand BAUDET bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 12:28:07 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > there are some minor issues after recent check-ins to the mplayer CVS
> > version:
>
> I'll add you cvs write access as soon as we move to the new server
> (hopefully at Monday).
>
> > 1. compiling on linux with old kernel header (2.2.16) fails, due to the
> > use of 32-bit AFMT_S32_* defines in libao2/audio_out.c

> >    In dec_audio.c and libao2/audio_out.c it's just used to get the AFMT_*
> >    defines to store information about the type of audio encoding used in
> > a video's audio stream.
>
> I've fixed this mess with a new file called afmt.h
> It includes soundcards.h if possible, and next it defines missing things.
>
> > 4. recent inclusion of network.c in the compilation if mplayer needs an
> >    additional library for solaris (libnsl, for gethostbyname).  I've
> > updated the tests in configure.
>
> It's (network stuff) optional now, and disabled by default.
> To enable, use --enable-streaming
> I want to make it default enabled soon, but that code isn't
> finished yet (AFAIK).

The network code isn't finish yet, for now it's just to test my
streaming development. I want to make non blocking sockets
and add other features but I don't have much time right now.
For those people who are interesting, it can for now stream
MPEG file (non MPEG ES yet) and AVI files(thanks to Arpi).
ASF files streaming, the download-read on the fly way and
the true ASF streaming way are also coming.
To test it, enable streaming and give an URL to mplayer; for example:
mplayer http://www.rigolez.com/Blagues4/anim36/decolage.mpg
(this is an 90kbytes/s stream, you need an broadband connection)
or just use a LAN.

Bertrand