[Mplayer-dev-eng] mailing lists

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jun 8 22:50:34 CEST 2001

Hi,

I've seen mass on these lists... so some notes (should be added to DOCS too)

mplayer-dev-eng:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This list is about mplayer development! Talking about interface/API changes,
new libraryes, code optimization, ./configure changes, and send patches here.
Do NOT send bugreports, user questions, feature requests here!
This list should be kept low-traffic.

mplayer-devel:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I dunno, it is the FLAME list in hungarian language :)
Also some talking about mplayer core team internals, like mplayer
party, sponsors etc can be here.

mplayer-users:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- send bugreports here (after reading DOCS/BUGS, BUGREPORTS)
- send feature requests here (after reading DOCS/TODO)
- send user questions here (after reading DOCS/README, INSTALL, FAQ etc)

mplayer-matrox:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
send matrox-related questions here,
- things about mga_vid,
- matrox's official beta drivers (for X 4.xx)
- and about matroxfb-TVout stuff.

mplayer-mpg12play:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
this list is for talking about mplayer ports to non-x86 platforms
(IRIX, Solaris-SPARC, Alpha, Commodore64, Sharp Calculator, Teapot etc...)

mplayer-cvslog:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
send only questions about CVS changes here.
(if you don't understand why a change is required or you've better fix)
be sure in that your target developer reads this list!

mplayer-announce:
very low traffic list :)
and it's read-only. I'll post something shit there if a new release is done.

Gabucino: please add this to docs, for example a new file called
DOCS/MAILLISTS :)
and add these to homepage/info page too!

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu