[Mplayer-dev-eng] Fix for CVS build problems after solaris patches

Juergen Keil jk at tools.de
Wed Jun 6 20:53:26 CEST 2001

> > the CVS version: DOCS/SOLARIS and libao2/ao_sun.c   Both should be
> > 'cvs add'ed into the CVS tree.
> Of course they were added to CVS. Btw that SOLARIS file contains only 4
> lines, even your name is missing in it.

Ok, DOCS/SOLARIS is there,  but libao2/ao_sun.c isn't.  I've just
checked out a fresh set of sources from sourceforge and these are
the files it extracted to the libao2 subdir:

U main/libao2/Makefile
U main/libao2/ao_alsa5.c
U main/libao2/ao_null.c
U main/libao2/ao_oss.c
U main/libao2/ao_sdl.c
U main/libao2/audio_out.c
U main/libao2/audio_out.h
U main/libao2/audio_out_internal.h

main/libao2/ao_sun.c is missing.  Can you please re-check if something went
wrong with adding this file.  (There was at least some guy with a linux
box that had a /dev/audio and /dev/audioctl character device on his machine
and his build failed because of the missing ao_sun.c file).

I hope the DVD problem is mostly fixed by now.  The problem is that I changed
libcss-0.1.0 in a source and binary incompatible way to add support for solaris
8.  I've rewritten the libcss patch now and I hope that the new version will
be source and binary compatible.  I've placed an updated patch for libcss
on http://www.tools.de/solaris/mplayer/  and submitted the patch to the
livid.org guys.

http://www.tools.de/solaris/mplayer/ contains another minor update, mostly
with modifications to the dvdauth.[hc] stuff, a bit more text in the
DOCS/SOLARIS file and my fix for the configure script.  dvdauth.c tries to use
my new libcss API and will fall back to the old libcss-0.1.0 API with the help
of CPP macros,  when it detects the absence of of my libcss changes.

It builds for me on a solaris 8 x86 and a suse linux 6.4 box.  It works on
the solaris machine,  but I currently do not have the hardware availabe to
actually test encrypted DVDs on linux.

Jürgen Keil          		jk at tools.de
Tools GmbH			+49 (228) 9858011