[Mplayer-dev-eng] A-V resync problems again

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Sun Jun 3 23:41:26 CEST 2001

Hello!

On Sun, 3 Jun 2001 12:29:39 +0200, Felix Buenemann wrote:

>> >Please check DOCS/BUGS section bout A/V sync, starting line 42, if it
>> > doesn't help you should upload enough of the file to thot ftp so we can
>> > reproduce the error.
>>
>> At first from DOCS/BUGS:
>> #- your soundcard doesn't support 48Khz playback
>> #  Workaround: buy a better soundcard...
>> #             or try to decrease fps by 10% (use -fps 27 for a 30fps movie)
>> I have SB16 which can play only 44100 but I've watched almost film entire
>> (first 2 hours 45 min) without any problems and without a-v resync. Arpi
>> probably fixed this by syncing each frame. Second:
>> I would be glad to upload "bad" piece of avi but not entire avi - because
>> avi have size about 700Mb but "bug" is occured withing last 15min of film.
>> How I can cut out "bad" piece? I tried cut out one avi (I've cut only first
>> megabyte of file) and mplayer says that this avi have no indexes and seek
>> not possible.
>You can split it under windooze with virtual dub (virtualdub.sf.net)

I JUST UPLOAD TO ftp://thot.banki.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ SEGMENT OF FILE "DIEHAR3.AVI" (about 3Mb)
You can watch there fragment when video is freezed. Probably this stream is corrupt or bad.
But after this fragment I have total A-V resync. Could you solve this problem or it impossible for such files?
What is your diagnosis?

Best regards! Nick

P.S.: VirtualDub is very nice tool but works only under Windows. Under wine it causes segfault :(