[Mplayer-dev-eng] A-V resync problems again

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Sat Jun 2 22:51:28 CEST 2001

On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 09:56:09PM +0200, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> On Saturday, 2. June 2001 23:43, you wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I just have found SUBJ. I watched the 3 hours of DivX film and at the 15
> > minutes until end video was freezed but sound continued playing and as
> > result well known 15 sec resync when audio is outdistance of video stream.
> > It seems that resync is accumulated during film and activate at end. I
> > don't know why this is occured, but may be would be better to use 64-bit
> > integer type (long long int) for code which perform synchronization or
> > something likewise?
> >
> Video usually freezes with divx on defect frames, dunno if mplayer should
> usually hanle it but windooze mplayer stops video then and sound goes on, you
> have to skip forward to get video again. (Haven't treid playing freezeframe
> divx with mplayer yet...)

We've just viewed Taxi2 (shit DivX encoded). My friend who get the CD
with divx on told me that Windows Media Player stops playing video on
a certain point of the movie. And yes, mplayer continues playing, though
it reports -236283238% in the status line and likes :)

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ lgb at lgb.hu ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!