[Mplayer-dev-eng] libac3 + SSE

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Fri Jun 1 23:42:27 CEST 2001

Hi, Arpi!

On 2001-06-01 19:20:00 you wrote me:

>> >LGPL applies to its mpglib/ part, and Hipp doesn't care of us.
>> LGPL is normal licence for importing to mplayer
>???
>Do you say, that LGPL stuff can be imported into a GPL prog andit becames
>GPL then? (forget complex licensing now)
All can be easily than you think.
It don't matter what licence you choose. Anyway mplayer already contain LGPL'ed code.
You may license mplayer in following manner:

Printed  below  is  < MPLAYER LICENCE (GPL for example)>, under which Mplayer is licensed. MPlayer is
not shareware,
and it is not in the public domain. The bulk of the MPlayer  is Copyright  (c) by Arpad Gereoffy, and other parts
of software are copyrighted  by their  authors and most of them are COVERED BY THEIR FREE LICENCES.
Thus, MPlayer is copyrighted, however, you may redistribute it under the terms of the license printed below.
But you should redistribute its parts under their own licenses.

< HERE IS BODY OF LICENCE, (GPL for example)>

Best regards! Nick (2001-06-01 21:33:31)