[Mplayer-dev-eng] patch for widescreen videos

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jul 30 12:37:53 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Developers - do you want this patch again?  I seem to remember a view that
> the code should be factored into the libvo2 stuff coming etc.  But in the
> meantime it fixes a problem, and getting it into the CVS would stop people
> wasting time reimplementing it...

i don't like hacking libvo more...
libvo2 is almost working, i think at end of this week we'll change to it.
it will have a plain interface for doing such things.
aspect ratio stfuf is very difficult, if you want to do it well.
1. get image dimensions
2. get requested aspect ration (from mpeg header, or -aspect switch)
3. call libvo2. it will ask screen aspect ratio from the driver,
   and calc final resizing parameters.

> Also - my patch for files >4GB?    It looks like the idea to do a release
> has been abandoned, and this change is a lot more minor than others going
> in.  This change has also been re-implemented by someone else in the
> meantime.

I sent a mail about this some weeks ago.
i want to apply this, but i ask something:
change printf() lines to use 32bit numbers. they all are for debugging
purpose, nobody wants to see 64bit integers there.
(so, cast to (unsigned int), instead of (long long))

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu