[Mplayer-dev-eng] Put mplayer's config files in /etc/mplayer ?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jul 28 21:14:06 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:
>
> > there is DATADIR defined at config time. codecs.conf is searched
> > there (if not found at users's home). do not add one more search path...
>
> I'm not sure if that will work. If I set that to /etc/mplayer, what other
> files will mplayer expect to be there? In /etc/.. only config files should
> be present according to debian's policy.

codec and font config files.
you can place font bitmaps to different place, and set this pah in the font
config.

btw, debian policy sucks.
i hate seeing a program splitted to many small parts and placed in
various places (etc,usr/lib,usr/share,var...) on the disk.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu