[Mplayer-dev-eng] Convert DOCS to html?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jul 20 21:37:03 CEST 2001

Hi,

> >>      What do you think about converting all DOCS (maybe not INSTALL)
> >>      to HTML, this would allow a much better doc structure and make it
> >>      easy to put docs to homepage. Currently DOCS with all those small
> >>      texfiles is quite a mess.
>
> > html is a nice thing, but hard to read from console...
> > and as mplayer is a console application... :)
> ever heard of lynx?
yea, but it sucks.
at least its movement control...

> > if you want to convert it, tyen convert to sgml/docbook.
> > it can be converted to text, html, postscript etc.
> that'D also be ok (we just need to learn SGML then ;)
it's very simple (but i have to learn it too :))

it has xml-like format, with simple TAGs like

it even generates table of contents, page numbering etc for you
if you need it. and it can be convert to printable book :)
(will be usefull when we start selling MPlayer Professional 2001
bundles :))

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu