[Mplayer-dev-eng] Divx4Linux

Christoph H. Lampert gruel at gmx.de
Wed Jul 25 19:48:52 CEST 2001

Am Freitag, 20. Juli 2001 00:55 schrieben Sie:

> Btw, is there anybody interested in postprocessing algorithms? Gruel?
> There is postprocess.c in the opendivx directory. Currently it's used
> for mpeg 1/2 files too, and it will be used for ffmpeg's divx too.
> We should improve its quality and speed. It's full C yet :(
> (it's based on ProjectMayo's code, but I spent a lots of time optimizing
> and improving it at C-level)
> Or even better: write a better code from scratch (to avoid licensing probs)

OpenDivX decore is GPL now, so copyright should only be a problem is
mplayer turns out to be non-GPL.

I myslef will care about postprocessing, when it's of any use for me, that
is, when my Athlon 1.4GHz arrives in late September. I doubt that I want to
work on postprocessing with 200 or 300 MHz and without MMX :-(

gruel