[Mplayer-dev-eng] Divx4Linux

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jul 20 00:55:49 CEST 2001

Hi,

I've commited changes for supporting DivX4Linux library.
Read DOCS/DivX4Linux for details.

I'm interested in the benchmark reslts, comparing
divxds, divx, ffdivx and divx4 speed & quality.

We still have to develop and improve ffmpeg's libavcodec, because
it's opensource, so we can add extra features, cache optimization
(like video blitting of slices, like in libmpeg2), better postprocessing
algos and so.

Btw, is there anybody interested in postprocessing algorithms? Gruel?
There is postprocess.c in the opendivx directory. Currently it's used
for mpeg 1/2 files too, and it will be used for ffmpeg's divx too.
We should improve its quality and speed. It's full C yet :(
(it's based on ProjectMayo's code, but I spent a lots of time optimizing
and improving it at C-level)
Or even better: write a better code from scratch (to avoid licensing probs)

Postprocessing filter is very very important thing, at least for people
with fast enough CPU. It improves image quality a lot.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu