[Mplayer-dev-eng] projectmayo's divx codec...

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Tue Jul 17 18:12:56 CEST 2001

>The encoder engine is based on Eugene's "Sparky" codec. I haven't tested it
>yet but seems to be nice, at least has many tuneable parameters :)
>(even the behaviour of the quantization and bitrate control is
>tunable with many parameters)

Aha... so that was the "great secret"...

can you 1) force keyframes by a parameter?
2) change bitrate or quantizers "on-the-fly" (without restarting codec?)
3) modify the internal buffer where the last frame was backuped?
4) influence the error measure like SAD?

gruel

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se