[Mplayer-dev-eng] MPlayer system-wide installation: 2nd attempt :-)

Vladimir Kushnir vkushnir at Alfacom.net
Tue Jul 17 00:43:06 CEST 2001

Hello,
Here goes my 2nd attempt to make MPlayer installed system-wide. What is
here:
i) It looks for codecs.conf (font/font.desc) in $HOME/.mplayer, failing
that looks at DATADIR (new option to configure, defaults to
/usr/local/share/mplayer)
ii) A new section to font.desc (and new field to font_desc_t) added -
fpath (directory where fonts are stored).
I did not touch Makefile yet, but that should be easy. BTW, "install -D" isn't
portable - our BSD install does not know of this flag. We got to either
"mkdir -p <some_dir>" or "install -d <some_dir>" first to create directories
as needed.

Regards,
Vladimir
--
Vladimir Kushnir - vkushnir at Alfacom.net