[Mplayer-dev-eng] plans ?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jul 16 21:43:35 CEST 2001

Hi,

> >> because he develops this stuff for his company...
>
> > but then why was it GPL till now?
>
> >> and they want to sell this stuff for money, without releaseing the
> >> source of the whole product... (LGPL allows this, GPL does not)
> [spamming the ml]
>
> But imo it's possible to ship software under different licenses, so
> there could be a GPL and LGPL version for example (I've seen progs
> with (BSD?) Artisitc license and other License for example).

yes, this is what we are doing now...
the GPL version is hosted at MPlayer CVS, and the other version with special
license (not decided yet) at Gerard's harddisk (he doesn't uses CVS).
we are porting changes between the 2 versions... it means extra work just for
license issues. :(

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu