[Mplayer-dev-eng] plans ?

Felix Bünemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 16 20:53:31 CEST 2001

Hello Balazs,

Monday, July 16, 2001, 7:10:47 PM, you wrote:

>> because he develops this stuff for his company...

> but then why was it GPL till now?

>> and they want to sell this stuff for money, without releaseing the
>> source of the whole product... (LGPL allows this, GPL does not)

>> > YV12 will help for most users, but not for me :(
>> your 486 is quite slooow :)

> :))  and it has no MMX

> but my tests were made on my P200MMX!

>> > if still in 32 bpp but using -bpp 24
>> it's a fallback, then it uses very slooow 24->32 conversion... not
>> recommended.
32bpp only has additional alpha bits soconversion 24->32 should be
quite fast, IMHO.
> YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE NUMBERS

> for me, -bpp 24 in 32bpp X with dga WAS a lot FASTER than -bpp 32

>> only 16 and 32 bpp are MMX accelerated for YV12.

> but the above is for dshow and vfw codecs!!!

btw. libavcodec got faster now I have 42sec ffmpeg to 39sec with
divxds and 38sec with high bitrate divx, so we're getting nearer,
to were we wanna be (tested with Coyote Ugly sample clip from mphq
MPlayer/incoming/ffmpeg on PIII 850, 128MB, S3 Savage MX with vo xv).

--
Best regards,
 Felix                            mailto:atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net