[Mplayer-dev-eng] plans ?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jul 11 20:04:13 CEST 2001

Hi,

> >What are the plans for the 0.18 release ?
> >I thought it was to have it out as soon as possible.
> >But at the moment it looks like more and more new features get in.
> >An example is the ffmpeg divx codec. I like it very much but
> >I would have waited for the next release.
> >
> Yes, since Arpi have added libavcodec - release should be
> delayed. I plan to add some optimizations to new stuff.
Yes, I did it. And also added your mp3 optim stuff before ;)
SO we can't stop adding good stuff. We can't do freeze...
so we can't do stable releases. There are 0.18preX for users
who don't like cvs.

> They should be tested. I guess that 0.18-pre.5 must
> have enabled ffmepg-divx codec by default for better
> testing.
yes. btw afaik 0.18pre5 is already out.

i think we should add 2 different codecs.conf, one for
win32 codecs preferred, one for native codecs.
users can choose what do they want.

> >I know I'm not a developer. And I also don't want to
> >sound offensive but I think it's time for a new release
> >even if that means to drop some nice features for the next
> >release.
> Simply next release should be renamed to 0.18-DelayCounter, IMHO ;)
agree. it was planned before, but docs has still bugcounter

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu