[MPlayer-dev-eng] DOCS translations

Anders Rune Jensen root at gnulinux.dk
Mon Dec 31 05:14:00 CET 2001

Hi,

Why don't we use gettext instead? As far as I know, gettext is a very
good model for translating source and is widely used because of this.

Maybe it would take an effort to convert, but it would definetly help a
great deal for the translaters. The gettext would help and improve at
least these subjets:

1) Although maybe only 80% of a translating is finished or outdated you
can use still use it. It would switch back to english on the missing
parts.

2) After compiling mplayer you would be able to use all the translated
languages without recompiling ;)

3) It would be much easier to see which translations needs work... both
for developers and translaters.

Hope you will consider gettext.

If you don't have time for this, but thinks it's a good idea please let
me know so I can try to move mplayer to gettext. Also thoughts from
other translators would be welcome.

More information can be found here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html

--
Regards...
|Anders Rune Jensen        icq  : #52926571        |