[MPlayer-dev-eng] hmm. one step closer to sorenson.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Dec 31 04:43:30 CET 2001

Hi,

playing a bit with crossover and wine snapshot downloaded from coveweavers
site, i managed quicktime player to work with 100% opensource wine.
(i've installed crossover, quicktime inside in, then compile and install
wine, move crossover's dotwine dir to /.wine and ready!)
it means, we have full control over the runnin environment, in form of
debugging, dumping structures while passing to dlls etc. nice?

yeah, there is a very little problem: menu elements are fscked up,
they are garbage or nothing, but who cares. we need teh codecs and they seems
to work! i also could play sorenson .mov files over my hdd.

next step?
getting mplayer's loader/qtx/qtxload.c working, at least at level of codec
being initialized. we should catch the function pointer of sorenson codec at
GetProcAddress, and dump every calls to it. this way we should be able to
dump and understand data structure passed to the codec.
any volunteers? :)

sorenson support would be a nice line in 0.60 changelog :)
ok, just joking...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu