[MPlayer-dev-eng] LIBA52 and 3DNOW!

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Dec 30 21:14:14 CET 2001

Hi,

> > > If Arpi wants to release mplayer-0.60 this night then please do it.
> > > If mplayer-0.60 will be released in the next year then as you want ;)
> >
> > I wanted to make the new-year release at jan 1, but as gabucino will be
> > away, it may be delayed a day :(
> i changed my mind :)
> if u want than ill do it, but if it doesnt work than dont blame me
> it would mean more testing time if its done today instead of tomorrow by nick
> [...]

about liba52 cpu stuff:
liba52 has it's own interface for this.
at a52_init(), you can pass a flags value (mm_accel), construced from
values in mm_accel.h by OR'ing them.
example:  a52_init(MM_ACCEL_X86_MMX|MM_ACCEL_X86_3DNOW);
it should set up function pointers, patch/build tables etc...

liba52 shouldn't depend on any files outside, like mplayer's cpu detection
code. why? when you guys say it's ready, i'll build a patch and send back to
liba52 author, Walken, he will hopefully merge changes back into liba52 CVS.