[MPlayer-dev-eng] patch to use mencoder without divx4 libs

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Dec 30 08:52:40 CET 2001

i hear mplayer 0.60 is going to be released in a few days if all goes
well...hopefully this can make it in before the release. the patch
eliminates the divx4 dependency from mencoder. most of the work was
already done; i just made a few changes to the configure process. of
course, mencoder won't be terribly useful without at least one of
divx4 OR libavcodec, so it might be desirable to put an either-or
dependency in configure, but it should at least compile fine without
either and work with raw or straight copying of the video. let me know
if anything in the patch is bad and i can change it; this is my first
time contributing to mplayer.

richard