[MPlayer-dev-eng] DC10+ (buz,lml33) tv-out

Rik Snel rsnel at cube.dyndns.org
Sat Dec 29 22:39:02 CET 2001

Hello german and others,

A while ago you said that you wanted to work on a previously working
driver for TV-out for the DC10+. Did it exist? (I tried to search the
archives but ht://dig didn't even find common words like 'the' and
'gabucino' :-) )

As I see it, it could be done in two ways:

1. 'Still Image Compressing Mode'(of the ZR36067) Each (uncompressed
tv-pixel) must be written to a pci address with exactly the right timing
(don't know if there is some automatic buffering in the PCI system for
this kind of operation). This has AFAIK never been done, and it is
uncertain if the card which are based on this chip (see subject) support
it.

2. Place an mjpeg compressor in a video-out driver (just as the mpeg
encoder for dxr3 cards) and send the compressed stream to the card.

I have done some experimenting with the second possibility and it looks
very possible. Do you have any thoughts in this direction?

Greetings,

Rik.

--------
Nothing is ever a total loss; it can always serve as a bad example.