[MPlayer-dev-eng] MS-ADPCM/Stereo Works

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Dec 29 21:37:17 CET 2001

Hi

On Saturday 29 December 2001 21:05, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> hmm. maybe the level/bias values changes between idct blocks in liba52,
> and it causes voluem problems on different freq bands.
the bias is always 384.0 in a52, and i didnt port that part (yet)
i only ported the innermost loop of the imdct thing, the surroundings in
imdct look identical to me except that the bias is missing in ac3 but i didnt
port that so it should be ok
the sin1 cos1 tables are different but changeing them doesnt help either

[...]
> > iam trying to port your 3dnow code from ac3 to a52 thats what the patch
> > did contain ... btw i just noticed that the c version which i ported from
> > ac3 -> a52 is broken too (high pitched noise distored ...) and i have no
> > clue why, i guess if someone can find the problem with the c version in
> > the patch (its switched off with a #if 0) then it should be easy to fix
> > the 3dnow version [...]
[...]

Michael