[MPlayer-dev-eng] Release 0.60pre-2 today?

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sat Dec 29 01:20:30 CET 2001

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, David Holm wrote:

> Of course, it's right below "build quantum computer" on my todo list ;)
> What is AltiVec? (got link?)

	AltiVec is the PowerPC's answer to MMX/SSE/3DNow instruction sets.
It provides a 32 128-bit registers and 160 instructions to manipulate them
in weird and wonderful ways. You can find out every last detail at:
  http://www.altivec.org

	AltiVec is available, I believe, on G4 CPUs and greater. It sounds
pretty nifty, but I don't have that kind of hardware to test on (I just
have a measly old PowerPC 604).

--
	-Mike Melanson