[MPlayer-dev-eng] A Guide To Developing MPlayer Codecs

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Fri Dec 28 23:45:25 CET 2001

Hi team,
	Having implemented, at some level of functionality, a half dozen
open source decoders for MPlayer, I'm beginning to feel cocky. Before the
feeling wears off, I thought I'd write a document describing the basics of
adding new codecs to the codebase. Maybe it will help and/or encourage
others to contribute new decoders.

	The document is in the repository as DOCS/tech/codec-devel.txt.
I've also committed the codecs.conf.txt file in the same place (thanks for
the tip, Alex).
--
	-Mike Melanson