[MPlayer-dev-eng] MS-ADPCM/Stereo Works

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Fri Dec 28 04:51:07 CET 2001

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> that following could be replaced with a simple look up table i think

	Let's see... that algorithm is actually an optimized version of
this:
  diff = (delta+0.5)*step/4
There are two variables: delta, which can be 0..15, and step, which can be
0..88. That means we have 89 * 16 = 1424 possible values. Definitely
feasible.

> CLAMP_0_TO_88 could allso be replaced with a look up table

	Ordinarily, I would say, "Have at it," except that I'm trying to
get that other decoder right, first, and it lives in the same module and
leverages off of some of the same code and tables. But tell me how you
propose to replace the macros with a table.

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson