[MPlayer-dev-eng] Player Plain Audio Files

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Thu Dec 27 22:49:15 CET 2001

Hi team,
	Aside from the current lack of audio file demuxers, is there any
technical reason that MPlayer can't be made to play plain audio files,
such as wav, au, mp3, ogg, etc.? Can't we just set some structure fields
to acknowledge the fact that MPlayer shouldn't try to find any frames in a
particular file? Then, I imagine the demuxer would have to figure out a
way to break the audio into packets for the app to read.

	The reason I ask is because I found a slew of WAV files with MS
ADPCM audio (one of them is even in stereo) and I wanted to test them with
MPlayer, without having to remember how vid2asf works.

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson