[MPlayer-dev-eng] patch: YUV4MPEG2 demuxer

Rik Snel rsnel at cube.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 27 13:50:25 CET 2001

Hello,

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> > > i've moved detection code upper, so it won't lose the header.
> > > anyway, -cache option solve your original problem.
> > It works, thanks.
> I hacked the older YUV4MPEG format support into your demuxer, it works
> fine. You can produce samples with XAWTV.
Cool, but there is a slight problem if it try to use it with the old
mjpeg tools:

'Slow source' problem again (as above). The YUV4MPEG header is shorter
than the YUV4MPEG2 header. Only 19 bytes are available (in the beginnig),
the ASF checker wants more, so the header is lost. The Y4M checker should
be moved so that it appears before the asf check. (the AVI check
only takes 8 bytes, so that is okay) (indeed -cache solves
the problem, but it is not the default)

Greetings,

Rik.

--------
Nothing is ever a total loss; it can always serve as a bad example.