[MPlayer-dev-eng] Open Source MS ADPCM Decoder

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Thu Dec 27 06:04:55 CET 2001

Hi team,
	Okay, I've implemented Microsoft's idea of ADPCM and it's in the
adpcm.c file. I've tested it with only mono audio data. If someone has any
stereo MS ADPCM files, please test those; ideally, they should work too.

	So now MPlayer can replay dance.avi using nothing but open source
code. That's it; we can all go home now since MPlayer can play dance.avi
all on its own. The project has clearly come to fruition...:)

	Seriously, this marks the elimination of another binary-only
codec: msadp32.acm (assuming the stereo decoder works).

	Enjoy...
--
	-Mike Melanson