[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audio Housekeeping

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Wed Dec 26 16:15:01 CET 2001

Hi team,
	Does MPlayer do any ADPCM encoding? If not, then the files ima4.c
and ima4.h are basically obsolete and can be safely removed from the
repository. The Makefile will need to be updated, as well. Also, we'll be
able to reuse the number that AFM_IMA4 is defined as, since I'm grouping
all of the ADPCM decoders under AFM_ADPCM.

	Next, are there any files on the FTP that use stereo MS ADPCM? I
know that dance.avi uses mono, so I'll be testing with that. I would like
to write the MS ADPCM decoder tonight and so I'm rounding up test media
now.

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson