[MPlayer-dev-eng] man page out of sync with some options

pl p_l at tfz.net
Wed Dec 26 14:47:37 CET 2001

Hi,

I looked at the main page and at cfg-*.h and they're not in sync.

Gabucino is most likely to complete several of them but but for
others I guess it will require browsing the mailing list
archives/code... (if the authors don't give a description).

I'll try to check some of these options tonight, but I think it should
be added to the todo list (urgent ?) before releasing.

<begin>

"NOTE   Every "flag" option has "noflag" pair, e.g. -fs opposite is
-nofs" is not quite accurate: either we specify each flag/noflag or
either we don't specify any, it will be more consistent.
This also should apply to the SYNOPSIS section in man page.

Maybe the obsoleted options should be indicated in the man page or else
removed from the code.

Obsoleted options:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 -o check -vo for similar effect
 -dsp check -ao oss:dsp_path for similar effect
 -alsa/-noalsa no longer needed
 -sdla check -ao sdl:driver (instead of -ao sdl -sdla driver)
 -divxq check -pp instead

Not documented:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-aop -mixer -master

FBDEV: -monitor_hfreq -monitor_vfreq -monitor_dotclock
Question: is FBDEV's -fb the same as DirectFB's -fb ?

-noautosub -autosub -font -sstep -sound -hardframedrop -dumpfile
-dumpsub -aofile -waveheader -nowaveheader -dshow -sdl -alang -slang
-aa* -dapsync -nodapsync -softsleep -wid -verbose
-dvdauth -dvdkey -bps

-help / --help / -h : obvious but not in the man 8)

There's code for a -noxv option detected but no -xv option (for
consistency).

Not listed in SYNOPSIS, check above...
-noaspect -novm -nofs -nozoom -noflip -noutf8 -noloop -noni -noidx -oldpp

-vivo and format of options:
  version acodec abitrate samplerate bytesperblock width height vformat

-tv and format of options:
  on driver device freq channel chanlist norm width height input outfmt fps

Suggestions/Todo:
-ss units (time in seconds(?) or hh:mm:ss)
-sid <num> is in 0..31
-pp what is the exact effect of Ox2....
-fps units is a float (?), a list of useful values maybe (23.998... etc)
?

Are the numbers/lists for -afm -vfm -ac and -vc up to date ?

<end>

--
pl