[MPlayer-dev-eng] [linux-dvb] YUV at V4L

Johannes Feigl jaf.corporation at gmx.at
Sun Dec 23 20:33:39 CET 2001

Hi Arpi ...

I read some seconds before ...
there is a support for YUV in DVB-Cards, but the drivers does not yet
support it ;-(

would be nice if it would be implemented, don't you think so ?

mfg Johannes

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9_Bartsch?= writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > does the DVB-driver provide YUV at the V4L device, because I want to stream it to my Xterminal ... ?`
 >
 > Merry Christmas ...
 >
 > Rene

Yes, but no planar formats. The SAA7146 could do planar, but that has
not been implemented by the author. ffmpeg for example uses yuv422
with the dvb card. I haven't tried any others, yet.