[MPlayer-dev-eng] transcoding, fact or fiction?

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Sat Dec 22 13:49:11 CET 2001

Hi,
would it be possible to add transcoding support with libvo2. For
instance, specifying that a device will accept 8x8 yuv420 macroblocks
dct encoded, etc... This way there would be a general transcoding
interface, I don't know much of video codecs outside the mpeg12 realm,
so I don't know if it would be useful. But if it's possible to transcode
say a mpeg4 to mpeg2 or mpeg1 it would save lots of cycles on a hardware
decoder such as the dxr3.

//David Holm