[MPlayer-dev-eng] Questions About Audio Decoding

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Dec 21 18:20:31 CET 2001

Hi,

> > ps :i'm working on yuy2 support to cvid...
>
> 	All right, I'll let you take first stab at it, though I think it
> lends itself to YV12 more than YUY2. The things I want to look at this

i agree. but for first try, yuy2 seems to be simpler, as this codec is
implemented frame-based instead of plane-based. yv12 support needs some
bigger modification. of course it should be done too.
i just wanna see it working first :)
(almost finished code, but not yet tried)

> weekend include:
> * audio format 0x62
> * Quicktime color depth
> * Apple Animation (RLE)
> * VP3 native support
> * Another video codec that no one else but me cares about (goes with audio
> format 0x62)

nice list :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu