[MPlayer-dev-eng] Checking Quicktime Color Depth?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Dec 21 17:09:32 CET 2001

Hi,

> Hi team,
> 	From a decoder's perspective, how do I check the color depth of a
> Quicktime file?
>
> 	I'll explain further: I would like to write a decoder for Apple's
> Animation (RLE) codec. It operates at all kinds of depths, but you have to
> refer to the Quicktime header in order to find the proper color depth.
> >From the decoder functions, how can I discover this information? Is the
> Quicktime header passed in, like a BMP header would be (in the case of
> AVI/ASF)?

hmm.
as a quick check to demux_mov.c:

                sh->bih->biBitCount=16;
                sh->bih->biCompression=trak->fourcc;
                sh->bih->biSizeImage=sh->bih->biWidth*sh->bih->biHeight;

bpp is hardcoded to 16. i don't know where is bpp in mov headers. if you
tell me, i can add, or do it yourself in demux_mov.c

(it emulates BITMAPINFOHEADER filling with info from mov headers)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu