[MPlayer-dev-eng] Proposal for playlist handeling

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Fri Dec 21 17:08:42 CET 2001

Hi,

My asx parser is now finished (not completly but all is here) and it need to be
integrated in the playlist stuff. Currently the playlist handeling is very poor
(it's just a basic string containing filenames), and the asx format is a little
more complex. So here is a proposition ( just the interface) wich aim at the
following feature : per entry config (audio, video, codecs, etc), nasted loop
and external event.
External event are not so important but I think it can be fun. As the name
imply you receive them from outside (brodcasting server for exemple) and they
act on the playlist (break a loop for exemple).
I'd like to have comment on this before trying to integrate it in mplayer, as it
will require also some work on the config handeling to have the config stuff
working (mainly to have global config and beeing able to reverse to it after
playing an entry with some special config).
I hope all my explenation are enouth clear (at least to somebody).
	Albeu