[MPlayer-dev-eng] Preliminary dvd navigation support through libdvdnav

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Fri Dec 21 09:54:18 CET 2001

Stephen Davies wrote:

>On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, David Holm wrote:
>
>>Hmm, ok, although I'd prefer libdvdread changed to -dvdtitle or
>>something instead.
>>Because libdvdnav is more userfriendly and likely the plugin 95% of all
>>users will be using exclusively...
>>

>Well - I jut went to dvd.sf.net/dvd_list.php and left with the impression
>that few movies actually work right.  Perhaps its out of date.
>
>Steve
>

>_

No, not out of date. It's a newborn project. It's been a xine plugin but
now they are switching over to a dvdnav lib instead, which I think is
great since so many players are starting to support DVD.
Actually there is no other implementation which supports more DVD's yet.
The problem is that there exists no complete reference of all program
opcodes, so they have to reverse engineer the dvds they find...

//David Holm