[MPlayer-dev-eng] audio up/downsample

Anders Johansson ajh at atri.curtin.edu.au
Thu Dec 20 16:51:18 CET 2001

Hi,

I got some time over and finished the resampling plugin. It is still
alpha code and the SSE optimisations does not work (A/V sync
disappears if anyone likes to have look I would be most grateful think
it has something to do with compiler directives). Another problem is
that A/V sync is drifting when the exact fin/fout relation can not be
met. I will fix these problem when I get back from my vacation.

To test the code run:
./mplayer -aop list=resample:fout=44100 file

fout is the sample frequency the sound card will use and can be chosen
arbitrarily. Sometimes when fout is chosen to a very low value
(>20kHz) one can hear high frequency noise (if the speakers are good
enough), this noise is caused by poor anti-aliasing filters in the
sound card and is not my problem. This problem will only occur in
computers with cheap sound cards.

It would be nice if one could use this plugin with mencoder to change
the sample-rate to an arbitrary value when converting between video
formats, just a thought.

Merry new year,
//Anders